Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Track

I freaking love the track! This Spring, I started doing track workouts again. It had been a long time since I had spent any time on the track. About a month ago, I started coaching one of my friends so I have been hitting the track with her on a weekly basis. 

Running fast is hard but it also feels so good to be flying around the track. I heart it!

Last week, I had the opportunity to meet up with Amanda at the track. She is one amazing athlete and person! 

We weren't going to do our workouts together. We have very different workouts. I can't imagine running as fast or jumping as far as her and she can't imagine running around the track a bazillion times (okay, maybe a bazillion is an exaggeration) like me.  I was there to get a quick video of one of her jumps and, of course, run a bunch of laps around the track. 

I didn't get to my workout until she was done with her's because I ended up watching all of her jumps. I can't describe how amazing it was to watch that caliper of athlete in action. It made me want to train harder...I know I will never be at that level but watching her made me want to become the best me possible. Thanks Amanda! 

I realized that day how much I miss track and field. I loved track meets in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment