Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Track workout or maybe not

Yesterday, I met a friend at the U of M track. The plan was to do 12 x 400m with 400m jog between. We met at 6:30am started the warm up. We did one 400m then on the 400m jog we noticed a group of about 20 wrestler heading toward the track and then another group and another and another...get the picture, they just kept coming. We decided to start the next 400m and see how it went. Well, they were all over the track and we were dodging high school wrestlers so we opted to leave after 2 x 400m. Okay, lets go to river road and do 10 x 400m hill repeat...oops river road is closed. Okay next plan, lets take this gravel road. After 5 cars pass us, lets stop breathing this dust and go run the normal loop we do from campus. Great idea...so much for trying new runs today. Perhaps on Thursday the wrestling camp won't be on the track and we can do the full workout then.

Tonight, I am heading to the MDRA fun run at Minnehaha Park at 6:15!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,
    Sorry about all of the little road blocks in your track workout plans. That is a bummer but it sounds like you were able to get your sprint repeats in:) Do you still take classes at the U Or do you just use their track?

    I will most likely not be able to make it tonight for the MDRA run. If everything works out I will try to make it to the next two Wednesday night runs:) I have so much to do today and tonight before we head out to Cali. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie,
    Yes, I am still taking classes at the U. I have about 1 year left in my program. Then I will be done with school for ever...probably, unless I start teaching at a University. Then I will never be done!

    Bummer, that you won't be able to make it tonight but there's always next week. In August, there are relays at Como Park on Wednesday nights.

    Good luck and have fun in Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the wrestlers were meant to simulate all the folks who started in the wrong corral at a huge race.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also a student at the U. I have taken the last two terms off to focus on my running. Honestly, I think I just needed a break. I am only able to take a class or two in the evenings because of my job. What degree will you leave with? I am in the American Studies program right now and it is slow going:)

    Thanks for the info on the relays at Como Park in August:) Is there a web page with info on all of this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh bummer, Gotta love the wrestlers getting in the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pain to keep changing routes. My route will be closed on Monday and Tuesday for road repairs and I am wondering where I will run!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Julie,
    I found the information about the MDRA races on their website (http://www.runmdra.org).

    I am working on my PhD in Kinesiology with an emphasis in Exercise Physiology. I specialize in bones health. It is a long road but it will be worth it when I finally finish.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete