Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Oiselle Totally Trials Entry

When I heard about the Totally Trails contest that Oiselle was running, I knew that I needed to apply. The olympic trials in Eugene...Sign me up! I called up my coworker/running buddy and said, "I just heard about the best contest ever and we need to apply for it." Her reply was "oh my gosh, yes we need to apply that would be the best experience." 

So with the no brainer decision to apply out of the way, we needed to come up with a creative application. We talked and talked about it while running our weekly track workouts together. We decided we wanted to be funny and involve our other totally ninja triple jumping coworker Amanda. Yes, Amanda it is that Amanda. The US Indoor and Outdoor National Champion!

If you haven't had the chance to meet her, you are missing out! She is the nicest, friendliest, most down to earth, wicked smart person that I know. Yeah, she has a Ph.D. She is SMART. One more thing she can jump far. I sent her a text and said Tsmocks (that is what we call her), we need your assistance winning the chance of a lifetime trip to go watch the olympic trials. 

Of course, she wanted to help. So we met her at the track and filmed our application. We laughed so hard while filming that we had a hard time getting any real clips. Amanda had so much patience when trying to help two distance runners try to triple jump...Let me tell you triple jumping is hard. Hop, step and then jump...that is way to many things to try and remember. I just wanted to put one foot in front of the other at a consistent pace.

Without further ado...here it is our Oiselle Totally Trials Entry:




1 comment:

  1. You are right, original applications are the way to go to get it into the race.

    ReplyDelete