Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Cold and Rainy Run


I did a group run this weekend. It was fun to meet a bunch of new people and run some trails that I rarely run on in the winter. 

There was a great turn out for a cold, snowy and sleeting run in the middle of winter. We met at the Minnesota River Bottom trails. These are awesome trails to run in the summer. I haven't done much trail running in the winter. 

This year I did decided to invest in some trail running shoes. I thought they would be great for the ice and snow on the roads. I pulled them out for this run and boy was I glad that I had trail shoes. My trail shoes were the Brooks Ghost with Gore tex. They were amazing. I was the only women that didn't have to turn around early because of cold and wet feet. Yes, my feet stayed warm and dry. This was a shock to me. I normally have poor circulation to my feet. I blame it on being tall. It is so far for my heart to pump the blood to. My feet were so happy during this run. 

The second thing that I was so happy to have was my Oiselle Clearly Run Jacket. It kept my upper body dry and warm. The sleet was pretty heavy for a while during the run. This is my first running rain jacket. It was so breathable. I didn't feel like I was wearing a rubber suit which is what I always assumed that a rain jacket would feel like when running. I absolutely loved it. Between this amazing jacket and the shoes, I was one happy camper on a run that was miserable for so many others.

The group doing the lunge matrix pre-run.
At the end of my 2 hour run, I was tired and thirsty. Luckily, I had stashed some banana nuun in my glove compartment for hydration emergencies such as this one. I freaking love bananas. When I ate the candy runts, I use to pick out the bananas. mmm....I think it is time for some banana with peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment