Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Bye, Bye 2012

So many exciting thing happened in 2012! Here is a quick recap in no particular order. Beware there are a lot of photos.

I ran a bunch of half marathons. 2012 was a year of half marathons for me. I started the year off by running a half on New Years day. 

Minneapolis Half in June
Monster Dash dressed as a pirate

I got to cheer on a friend at the Olympic Trials in Eugene, OR. It was so much fun and my friend won the triple jump. She represented the US in the Olympics!!!

Amanda on the Podium! 
While at the Olympic trials, I got to watch 4 days of events. It was fabulous! I love track and field!

Shalane Flanagan and Amy Hasting in the 10k
I got to meet the ladies of Oiselle at the Olympic Trials. They make my absolutely favorite running gear. If you haven't tried the Rogas shorts and the Rundelicious top. Do it! You will love them! I was so bummed that I left Oregon before their Totally Trials party. I hear that I missed a great party!


I was selected to run for the Oiselle Team! I am beyond ecstatic to be representing such a great brand of clothing and to be part of an amazing community of women runners! I can't wait to meet some of my teammates!



I met and went running with Scott Jurek. He is one of my favorite local running legends. I loved his book Eat and Run. I highly recommend it. It has some great recipes in it. Try them, you will love them.

Scott signed my book!
While in Eugene, I met Deena Kastor. In case you can't tell from the goofy grin, I was really excited to meet her.


I played bicycle pac-man with my friends. Yes, I am riding a miniature bicycle in a banana costume.


I took a vacation to Duluth, MN and got to meet up with one of my good friends and former college cross country teammates.


I won a pair of Keen's with this photo of me taking a recess break.



I ran the Twin Cities Marathon. It was a great experience. I can't wait to do it again. Hopefully, it will go better next time. My legs started cramping at mile 13. I may have cried during the race a couple times. It felt good to finish.


I ate a lot of ice cream during the annual Tour de Ice Cream.


I am excited for 2013! I have a feeling it is going to be a good year!


3 comments:

  1. Fun races! Hope 2013 brings you many more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olympic trials would be amazing! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Хотя, должен подумать [url=http://tutledy.ru/o-muzhskom-tele/85-ruki-muzhchiny.html]руки мужчины[/url]

    ReplyDelete